Visa, residence and work permit

Before leaving to come to Holland, you should make sure you have a proper understanding of your legal situation. Depending on your nationality and the way your PhD is financed, you might need a visa, residence permit and/or work permit. The International Servicedesk (ISD) of Leiden University will guide you through this process. Leiden University will act as your Dutch sponsor and the ISD will take care of the application on your behalf and any family member accompanying you.

International Servicedesk
More information for international staff

Last Modified: 28-10-2016